Question Asus X570-E Gaming doesn't see Corsair MP600 NVMe

Jan 20, 2020
I just built a new system with a Ryzen 3700X on an Asus X570-E Gaming motherboard with the goal of moving to a Corsair MP600 NVMe drive. Everything else in the system is working swimmingly, but no matter what I've tried I can't get either BIOS or Windows to see the NVMe. So far I've tried:
  • Both M.2 slots
  • With and without the MB heat sink
  • Upgraded to the latest (1405) BIOS
  • Both disabling CSM and enabling various settings with CSM on
So far I haven't been able to get BIOS to recognize the drive when I go to the Advanced -> NVMe configuration menu. It also doesn't show up under the drives selection menu. I can boot my existing SATA SSD Win10 install without a problem, but Windows Device Manager shows no drive there either. Other than wiping CMOS (my next step) is there anything else to try before returning the NVMe? Unfortunately I don't have any other NVMe devices to test in this system or systems to test this NVMe drive in - sadly my next-newest system only supports M.2 SATA, not M.2 NVMe.

Reactions: theezrabeast
That's because you don't know what your doing.

You don't need to be searching for the NVMe drive. You only have to connect it by itself with no other storage drives.

You need to disable CSM (Compatibility Support Module).

1. Have a small USB flash drive available
  2. Download latest Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft.
Use 1+2 above with Rufus to make bootable UEFI installation media.
Rufus

Insert the flash drive and reboot.

Jan 20, 2020
No you're right I don't know what I'm doing in this case. I work on servers all day and the differences in BIOS behavior can cross me up sometimes. I'll try that tonight and see what happens. Thanks!

Reactions: refillable
May 12, 2020
Hi frival, I have the same problem as you. My ASUS X570 GAMING PLUS don't see the MP600 drive. I have connected into pcie 4.0. I can't install windows on it either nor boot it. I will search for more information otherwise I will return it.