Question ASUS x570-E showing code 02, not booting

ShadeSlayer812

Honorable
Dec 1, 2015
After resetting my bios by removing my CMOS battery, my PC won't boot past a black screen. My MB is displaying the code 02 and the Q-LED light is solid green. I flashed my BIOS with the latest update but the issue is still occurring. I tried unseating and reseating my memory and ensuring each power connector was seated properly. My PC has run fine up until this point.

I had originally reset my BIOS because I was no longer able to access the BIOS screen (it booted straight to windows with no ASUS splash page).

Components:
ASUS x570-E
AMD 3900x
G.Skill 2x16gb DDR4
AMD R9 380 (I don't game)
ADATA NVMe SSD

Edit:
I'm starting to get worried. I'm A+ certified and I work in IT; I've spent hours searching the internet for a solution to this and I still can't make heads or tails of this. If anyone has an answer I'd be very thankful

Last edited:

ShadeSlayer812

Honorable
Dec 1, 2015
Likely a typo but you mentioned removing the CMOS battery:

Did you put the battery back in or perhaps installed a replacement battery?

Polarity?
I waited a few minutes then put the battery back in. The top side of the battery shows the labeling and has a plus sign on it (I don't know if that means that side is positive). The bottom side has no writing and is textured. After receiving the 02 error a few times I pulled the battery out and put it back in again (prior to updating my BIOS). I made sure the clip was engaged and I think it is seated properly