[SOLVED] Asus x570 Hero VIII Wi-fi vs. Gigabyte Aorus X570s paired with AMD 5600X?

jamok99

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2014
I can get either board around $325, give or take, to pair with an AMD 5600X that will primarily used for gaming.
I might overclock, but don't really have any hard plan to do that. If they were about the same price, which board would
you go with, and why? The Asus may have somewhat better components, and the Aorus is a new refresh with
some updated features (up to 70A Mosfets from 50A, power increased to 14+2 stages, etc.) I like music, and the
Asus has a somewhat higher end solution. Thanks in advance.

Solution
I can get either board around $325, give or take, to pair with an AMD 5600X that will primarily used for gaming.
I might overclock, but don't really have any hard plan to do that. If they were about the same price, which board would
you go with, and why? The Asus may have somewhat better components, and the Aorus is a new refresh with
some updated features (up to 70A Mosfets from 50A, power increased to 14+2 stages, etc.) I like music, and the
Either of those boards are outright overkill for a 5600X which is simply remarkably power efficient. You could take the heatsinks off that many smart power stages and they won't even get warm when gaming...not even after a 3 hour...

rakibfahadgts

Reputable
Aug 4, 2018
Gigabyte's motherboard software is actually one of the best. But their support i.e. bios updates are worst. At times they'd just delete the page containing bios updates. You'd have to seek third party sites then. For music always should opt for amp.

Either of those boards are outright overkill for a 5600X which is simply remarkably power efficient. You could take the heatsinks off that many smart power stages and they won't even get warm when gaming...not even after a 3 hour batch rendering of 4K videos. All I can say is you best have found other and more compelling features needed, perhaps, to make up a complex system configuration for the price to be worth while.

I have to believe there are cheaper B550 boards that also pack up-market audio codecs, and won't be one FPS slower than the same cpu/gpu on one of those boards. And will more than likely not overclock any worse...unless your intent is to OC on LN2. Which is the primary application where those boards shine, making their price well worth it: extreme overclocking of high core-count CPU's(5900/5950X) under LN2 for competitions and demonstrations.

I'd go for Asus as I feel their BIOS' are very much better than anyone elses. While I'm miffed that they skimped out on a few things in my B550 TUF (like reporting out the VRM temperaturs) a CH Hero won't be skimped on anything. I've also liked the durable construction of every Asus I've owned, even the down-market boards I've overclocked way beyond what the VRM's should handle.

My only experiences with Gigabyte have been very unsatisfying...like dual-bios boards that seem to flip bios whenever they wish and no way to control it.

Last edited:
Solution