[SOLVED] ASUS x570 Plus Wifi - But no Wifi!

Jul 26, 2020
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1015575

Just built my first PC and i'm loving everything except one thing - no wifi!

I tried flashing the BIOS to the latest version and reinstalling the wifi adapter drivers to no success.

If i troubleshoot the connection in Windows, itll sometimes catch a connection for 5-10 sec before dropping it again. I know my network is perfectly fine since I have other devices working on it (including other Windows devices). Ethernet is also not an option here since the router is in the office and im gaming on my new PC from the bedroom.

Any help is appreciated!!!

Solution
Do you think a usb wifi dongle will fix the problem? I tried unplugging my office computer from the router and using a wired connection which worked for me, but I cannot have my gaming PC in the office. I'm so frustrated with ASUS. I bought this mobo for its wireless capability but its the only thing that doesn't work smh.
i have a gigabyte x570 pro wifi board, i just remember when I first built it,i couldnt get the wifi to work either but after plugging in a dongle and downloading the drivers,it then worked fine with the antenna. I was just wondering if yours would work with a dongle? Just to rule out if it is a bigger problem with your inbuilt wifi card?

Bassplate

Reputable
Try to Perform a Network Reset on Windows itself...( Search Network Reset)This will uninstall all Wifi adapters and Ethernet Adapters and then needs to restart your Computer.
When Windows Reboot,,,,Windows will look up the best Drivers for your Wifi and Ethernet adapters and Hopefully it will solve the problem...If you haven't already tried it.

Jul 26, 2020
Try to Perform a Network Reset on Windows itself...( Search Network Reset)This will uninstall all Wifi adapters and Ethernet Adapters and then needs to restart your Computer.
When Windows Reboot,,,,Windows will look up the best Drivers for your Wifi and Ethernet adapters and Hopefully it will solve the problem...If you haven't already tried it.

Yes I tried doing this and just did it again today to no success ;*(

The network will catch the wifi for 5 seconds are so at best before it loses connection and says, "Can't connect to this network"

Jul 26, 2020
Do you have a little usb wifi dongle to see if you can get wifi ok with that? (if i remember, i had to do this with my system to download the wifi drivers before i could use my antenna.)

Do you think a usb wifi dongle will fix the problem? I tried unplugging my office computer from the router and using a wired connection which worked for me, but I cannot have my gaming PC in the office. I'm so frustrated with ASUS. I bought this mobo for its wireless capability but its the only thing that doesn't work smh.

i have a gigabyte x570 pro wifi board, i just remember when I first built it,i couldnt get the wifi to work either but after plugging in a dongle and downloading the drivers,it then worked fine with the antenna. I was just wondering if yours would work with a dongle? Just to rule out if it is a bigger problem with your inbuilt wifi card?

Solution
Jul 26, 2020

That's a good idea. After doing some research online I've learned that ASUS wifi adaptors are notoriously garbage (especially in their laptops). I have purchased a usb antenna from Amazon which should arrive tomorrow and hopefully after installing those drivers and connecting it into my PC I will have a bypass to the annoying ASUS crap I have.

Fingers crossed I'm hoping it'll all work tomorrow! I'll keep you updated on what happens, thanks.

Reactions: kurdtnz