Question Asus X570-Plus (WiFi) won't POST, it's stuck at white VGA light on 8 month old build ?

lee.oeschger

Reputable
Apr 23, 2018
Edit 1: restored line breaks from my microsoft word copy paste for better clarity.

Hello, the title says it all. Computer specs are as follows.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
MOBO: ASUS X570-plus (wifi)
GPU: EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3060
RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 8GB, in slots 2 and 4 according to MOBO manual
PSU: Corsair HX750 Platinum
CPU Cooler: Corsair AIO

I last used my PC on 10NOV2021 for just general browsing, no heavy gaming session and had no issues doing anything. I shut it off that night after using it, didn't use it at all on the 11th, and on the night of the 12th when i went to turn it on i first found that none of my external accessories (monitors, keyboard, any USB slots, display ports, etc) were working.

Troubleshooting steps taken so far:
-unplug everything, including PSU from power and plug back in
-unseat and reseat RAM
-swap RAM slots
-remove one RAM and try to start with only one 8GB card
-remove and reinstall GPU
-remove and reinstall MOBO battery

To note, this PC was built in March of 2021. I moved the PC when i changed house by moving it myself, not in the moving truck. It was in the original box that the case came in, with all styrofoam. I set it up at the new house in May and it has been working with no issues until 12NOV2021.

I fear that my 3060 has died and i'm in the process of doing the warranty paperwork to have a replacement shipped to me. I'm tracking down another GPU so i can do a hangtest with a different card to see if the MOBO will successfully POST with another GPU.

Are there any other fixes that you all could recommend or know about? Or am i out of luck and just got a faulty GPU?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS