Question Asus X570 Rog Strix E new build- error code 02 and white VGA on motherboard- No output to HDMI or Display Port - No Bios

Nov 4, 2020
Hi Guys

I finished this brand new build yesterday.

Asus Rog Strix E x370 with Ryzen 9 3900x - Corsair ddrw - RGB Ram 2x 16gb a corsair 750w PSU - I bought the Corsair M600 1TB NVME its in a Corsair Icue 4000x white case

On Boot the rgb lighting and fans all work, the M.2 fan runs for 5 secs then goes off, the Balistix Ram all lights up ok.

I have error code 02 on the board and the white light for VGA error is in the board, I get nothing on my monitor, tried F2 and del on Boot.

I have done the research and tried a lot of things.

Changed HDMI, Screen, Display port
Swapped the DDR4 stick around and tried only 1 stick
Removed the CPU and checked for bent pins or slot damage
I now have it out from the chassis on my wooden desk with just the CPU-Fan HDMI and power connectors in and I am getting the same problem.

I am thinking of buying a second board and sending the first one back to Amazon.

Is it a CPU or MOBO issue?

Any ideas guys opof other things to check?

Dec 28, 2020
It seems like this thread went quiet about a month ago. Did you ever solve this? I've run into a similar problem
(VGA light on, no CPU error or DRAM error), no HDMI output, fans running etc.
with new build, I checked/ swapped HDMI cable, monitor, check/recheck connections, check CPU for bent pins etc prior
to install, swapped DDR around. No luck.

ROG TRIX B550-F Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Corsair 32G DDR4
Hyper 212 RGB cooler

No M.2
No GPU
No external memory

What am I missing?

Dec 28, 2020
Yeah- your 100% correct. No internal VGA on the particular processor. They put a sticker on the box
saying so. Who looks at the box!!!
In any case, once I threw in a graphics card, it sailed through POST and we are rolling again.
Thanks!