[SOLVED] Asus X570 TUF Gaming Plus Wifi vs MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

MaxMustermann

Prominent
Mar 25, 2020
Hey guys,

I want to buy a new system with a Ryzen 3900X and 16GB of RAM.

But I dont know which Mainboard I should buy because most of the X570 boards are very expensive in my opinion.

In the end I chose 2 mainboards which look great for me. Both have Wifi and BT 5.0 what I would like to have.

But there is still a price difference of 90€.....so which one should I take?

Would be there any problems with the VRM cooling or stuff like that if I go with the B450 board?

Solution
Yes I understand what you mean. My thoughts were "having disadvantages" with PCIe3.0 in future when I update my graphic card.

My idea in general is spending money for upgrades which you really recognize if you know what I mean.

So I think instead of spending 90€ more into the X570 board,I could use it for a good AiO for example....
It will take quite some time for the GPU to fully utilize PCI-e 3.0 x 16 so you will have to use PCI-e 4.0. Even AMD new GPU's 5700/5700XT etc that saying PCI-e 4.0 GPU's it is just a marketing thing you wont notice any difference in performance if you use these cards with PCI-e 3.0. As for the AiO i dont agree. The CPU comes with a stock cooler. To upgrade the cooler is easy you just buy one...
B450 Pro Carbon is enough to run a 3900X at stock settings. X570 Tuf have better VRM setup you can even overclock the 3900X or use the 3950X. Also support PCI-e gen 4.0 that right now the only use of it is for really fast NVME SSD. You can even find a bit cheaper X570 motherboards like AORUS X570 Elite that are still decent. This will help you decide to pick a motherboard:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...TJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/edit#gid=611478281

Reactions: MaxMustermann

MaxMustermann

Prominent
Mar 25, 2020
I would like to use this setup as long as I can like my setup at the moment which I use since 2013. (i7 2600k....)

But when you say the B450 Pro Carbon is good enough to run a 3900X without any temp. problems,the "only" advantage of the X570 would be PCIe4.0 and better VRM setup for OC?

The problem is,I dont know how big the difference would be in future when I buy a graphic card using PCIe4.0 and PCIe3.0...

I would like to use this setup as long as I can like my setup at the moment which I use since 2013. (i7 2600k....)

But when you say the B450 Pro Carbon is good enough to run a 3900X without any temp. problems,the "only" advantage of the X570 would be PCIe4.0 and better VRM setup for OC?

The problem is,I dont know how big the difference would be in future when I buy a graphic card using PCIe4.0 and PCIe3.0...
If you keep a setup like the one you had before from 2013 for so long time then when you decide that you need an upgrade you will have to change everything meaning buying a new pc. So it does not matter if you pick an X570 or a B450 now because in the end in 5-7 years without any upgrade you will have to buy a new system anyway.

MaxMustermann

Prominent
Mar 25, 2020
Yes I understand what you mean. My thoughts were "having disadvantages" with PCIe3.0 in future when I update my graphic card.

My idea in general is spending money for upgrades which you really recognize if you know what I mean.

So I think instead of spending 90€ more into the X570 board,I could use it for a good AiO for example....

It will take quite some time for the GPU to fully utilize PCI-e 3.0 x 16 so you will have to use PCI-e 4.0. Even AMD new GPU's 5700/5700XT etc that saying PCI-e 4.0 GPU's it is just a marketing thing you wont notice any difference in performance if you use these cards with PCI-e 3.0. As for the AiO i dont agree. The CPU comes with a stock cooler. To upgrade the cooler is easy you just buy one whenever you want. To change the motherboard lets say from B450 to X570 then you have to sell your B450 and buy a new X570 and this will require reinstalling many components of your computer and probably fresh install of windows.So in my opinion its better to invest the 90€ to the motherboard rather to an AIO that you can buy in 5 months or 1 year.

Solution