Question Asus X570ZD Stuttering on almost every game (GPU Usage Unstable)

Jan 19, 2021
So i've been experiencing micro stutters for months now and after trying every single solution on the internet, i have finally given up.

Laptop Specs:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U 4 x 2 - 3.6 GHz, Zen
Graphics adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Mobile - 2048 MB, GDDR5
Memory: 8192 MB DDR4
Display: 15.60 inch 16:9, 1920 x 1080 pixel 141 PPI, IPS, glossy: no
Storage: 256gb SSD (upgraded from hdd thinking the hdd was the problem)
Connections: 2 USB 2.0, 1 USB 3.0 / 3.1 Gen1, 1 HDMI, Audio Connections: 3.5mm, Card Reader: microSD, USB 3.1 Type-C
Networking: Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC (a/b/g/n = Wi-Fi 4/ac = Wi-Fi 5), Bluetooth 4.2
Battery: 48 Wh
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

my laptop would stutter on games every few seconds, it would go from around 50-60 on Apex Legends but a few seconds after even if i'm idle it would drop to 20-25 fps

i used afterburner to see what was going on and from the looks of it every time the fps drops, the GPU Usage would also drop to around 50%
this used to go down even further to 30%. but after cleaning my laptop PHYSICALLY and SOFTWARE wise it got a bit better.

another case would be the super high temps, before cleaning it it would go around 90c while gaming and 60c idle
after cleaning it's now in the 80c gaming and 40c idle

Other than cleaning the laptop i've tried to:
  • revert to Old Drivers
  • undervolting and overclocking
  • stopping all useless background processes
  • change into SSD
  • used a 2nd monitor to disable Optimus (which didnt work)
one thing that im afraid is since the laptop has been running hot for months before i cleaned it, the VRM broke because of the heat and it's causing the stutter making the GPU not get enough power.

Any other solution or cause of the problem you guys can think of?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS