Asus x99-A USB drivers

Fearless1885

Commendable
Jun 3, 2016
Hi all,

For the last 7-8 months, the USB drivers on my Motherboard and front of the PC have been dying, randomly.

Updated BIOS to current version
Mem Test
Driver tests (Mainly graphics drivers)
Even reinstalled windows 7 and 10.

(Cant think of any more tests i've done off the top of my head)

Connected to it USB wise i have

Astro A40 Mixer/Headset
Corsair Mouse & Keyboard. 9/10 the keyboard would stay active meaning i could shut the PC down safe, however the mouse and headset would be non existent. If i plugged my xbox 360 controller into the pc i would get the green light appear for a second then it would disappear.

Internal
970GTX
i7 5820k 3.3
16GB ram
H110i GTX

Also in dev manager i have "Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed)" been trying to find out what this is for a while but no joy.

I cant think of anything else except the MOBO is on its way out. If you guys have any recommendations or any tests i could do before i contact Scan or Asus about it id appreciate it!"

Solution
1| Are we to move forward with knowledge that your system is running on Windows 10 or 7?
2| If on Windows 10, please disable automatic device driver updates and reinstall your USB/chipset drivers manually as an administrator, under an elevated command:
Right click installer>Run as Administrator
after manually removing the device from Device Manager. Speaking of drivers, is it the X99-A/USB3.1 or the vanilla X99-A?
3| For memtest86, you should be patient to let it run for at least 10 passes, per stick per slot, if you think it's memory related.
4| You've forgotten to include your PSU. You should also state how you've connected the peripherals to the motherboard. A picture would help visually.

* On botht eh Vanilla...

Lutfij

Titan
1| Are we to move forward with knowledge that your system is running on Windows 10 or 7?
2| If on Windows 10, please disable automatic device driver updates and reinstall your USB/chipset drivers manually as an administrator, under an elevated command:
Right click installer>Run as Administrator
after manually removing the device from Device Manager. Speaking of drivers, is it the X99-A/USB3.1 or the vanilla X99-A?
3| For memtest86, you should be patient to let it run for at least 10 passes, per stick per slot, if you think it's memory related.
4| You've forgotten to include your PSU. You should also state how you've connected the peripherals to the motherboard. A picture would help visually.

* On botht eh Vanilla X99-A and X99-A/USB3.1 drivers support page, the ASMedia USB controller drivers are listed as Beta this explains why you're experiencing the issue, if you're working off the ASMedia controller that is.

Solution