Asus X99 Deluxe code 00 but sometimes the pc works

N1mr0d

Reputable
Jan 13, 2015
Hi everyone, my pc lately as been acting weird, it powers up and works, but only after a few tries, I don’t know if it something wrong with my cpu, gpu, mobo or psu. I get the 00 code, my cpu fans start to spin, my mobo power up, I get a flash from the vga and ram led but then nothing happens. I turn it off, I jiggle the graphics card that has a small curve, and it starts to work, other times I play with the ram, or disconnect and reconnect power cables to the mobo and it starts to work. It is weird and I can’t narrow down the problem to one thing. The weird part is that when it starts there is nothing wrong with it, it works fine. I know that the 00 code usually means a dead cpu or mobo, but why would it start if the cpu or mobo we’re dead? What could it be?

My specs are:
Asus X99 Deluxe
i7-5820k
4x4gb g-skill 2400mhz
Asus strix GTX 970
Corsair RM850

Any help I would really appreciate it guys, thanks in advance ;)

N1mr0d

Reputable
Jan 13, 2015
Humm so the funny part is that yesterday, it would not work as much I as tried to and fiddled with it. I pressed the clear cmos on the motherboard and afterwards pressed the on/off button, and it just popped right back to life. Worked fine for a few hours, no issues at all... I turned it off, and today as much as I try to turn it back on, it just won’t turn back on. Pressing clear cmos does nothing. Any more ideas? I plan on taking the pc to the store on Monday, but I am stuff to do for school and really need the pc working.