ASUS X99 Deluxe II - INTEL 750 SSD NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 SLOW BOOT - Tested Win7,8.1,10

Not411

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016
Hello ALL,

I'm really disappointed in the time of my boot. I rode an expensive computer, and I'm having problems with slow boot.

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, is extremely slow boot.
In Windows x64 8.1 PRO, the boot a little bit better but still slow.
In Windows x64 10 PRO, from the bios of the screen is the fast boot.

The summary of my boot:

When I start button: 30-40s reading the Q-codes the board mother with black screen.
After this time, the BIOS screen appears and takes over 20s to enter the OS.

This happens every time I turn on / off the computer.

I'm reading a lot about it on the internet and I am really very confused and worried. I really need a solution for this.

Can someone help me? What is the configuration in the bios I can do to improve these problems?

This time my motherboard is reading these many q-codes on startup, it is normal?

It may be that all this is happening because I'm pulling with NVMe SSD PCIe 3.0?

I already checked my slots on MB, correct slots.

GPU 1: PCIe 3.0 / 2.0 x16_1
GPU 2: PCIe 3.0 / 2.0 x16_3
Intel SSD 750: PCIe 3.0 / 2.0 x16_5 (this slot is configured to x4)

My config:
MB ASUS X99 DELUXE II
I7 6950X
128gb RAM G-SKILL Trident Z ddr4 3200mhz (8x16gb)
INTEL 750 SERIES NVMe 1.2TB * * PCIe 3.0 x4 SSD (BOOT)
2-way SLI ASUS GTX1080 OC EDITION

Thanks!

Solution
You neeed to reinitialize your SSD as GPT insread of MBR and reinstall your OSs in UEFI mode.

Here is the proper procedure:
Download the Media Creation Tool from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/ and make a bootable USB wiht it.

Get the latest drivers from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25165/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Driver?product=55005
File: f6flpy-x64.zip. Unzip it to a folder on a USB drive(it can be the one with windows on it).

Disconnect all other drives except the one you are installing to.

Go into the BIOS and disable "CSM" and enable "Secure boot" in the Boot section.

Start the install and when it asks where to install hit "have disk" and point it to...
You neeed to reinitialize your SSD as GPT insread of MBR and reinstall your OSs in UEFI mode.

Here is the proper procedure:
Download the Media Creation Tool from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/ and make a bootable USB wiht it.

Get the latest drivers from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25165/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Driver?product=55005
File: f6flpy-x64.zip. Unzip it to a folder on a USB drive(it can be the one with windows on it).

Disconnect all other drives except the one you are installing to.

Go into the BIOS and disable "CSM" and enable "Secure boot" in the Boot section.

Start the install and when it asks where to install hit "have disk" and point it to the folder you put the above files in.

**WARNING: THE FOLLOWING WILL WIPE AND ENTIRE DISK, NOT JUST A PARTITION**

Then hit SHIFT+F10 and:
diskpart
list disk
select disk x(where x is the drive in case)
clean
convert gpt
exit
exit

Hit refresh, select the clean drive, and the "new". Windows will create several partition and auto-select the correct one to install to(you can also set the size of the partition after hitting "new", but you don't need to if you are using the whole drive).

Solution

Not411

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016

I do now this procedure again and install win8.1,

in bios I I disabled the CSM. My secure boot is enabled, I put "Windows UEFI Mode" or "Other OS"?

I disconnected all my hard drives too.

Windows UEFI Mode
But i would say start with 10, which should be your main os. As for 8, why would you need that?

Not411

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016

So, in win10 I can't to update my drivers for video cards through the nvidia experience.

In relation to the procedure, I was confused.

1. Download the media creation tool and make a bootable USB Windows 10. (OK)

2. File: f6flpy-x64.zip (I can create a folder inside the same USB Windows 10 ? which name the folder can I put?)

3. Start the install-and- When it asks where to install hit "have disk" I put "load driver" and point it to this folder I created (the File: f6flpy-x64.zip ???) is correct??

Thanks again!

2. yes put it in a custom folder on teh usb with win 10. name is irrelevant.
3. correct.

Forget about 8, You'll find a way of upgrading your GPU driver, adn that alone is not a reason to be using an outdated os.

Not411

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016

Ok, I go win10 x64
I will start the procedure and come back with the answer. Thanks.

Now this time ( 30-40s black screen) to read the q -codes on the motherboard until you see the display logo ASUS Bios this is normal or and to be fast ? Before this project , I had the asus Z97 ranger vii and initialization was very fast .

This delay of 30-40s may be defective or bug in the X99 DELUXE II ?

That's normal for legacy BIOS booting.
If you disable CSM and boot strictly in UEFI mode, win will start loading almos instantaneously.

Not411

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016

The last question, the folder file f6flpy-x64 I extract to the root usb or in some folder efi , boot, etc ?

make a new root folder especially for this. you will be pointing to it during the install.

Not411

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016
Nice Hlsgsz, Everything worked.

I installed Windows 10 x64 version1511.
All updated, including GPUs and SLI enabled

I can connect again the HDDs normally?

With relation to bios, I continue with the disabled CSM?

Thanks!!

TRENDING THREADS