ASUS X99 Deluxe-II Q Code 78

Jesushoovy

Prominent
Feb 19, 2017
Good evening everyone!

To start things off, upon re-assembling my PC after cleaning it out and installing a new lighting piece, I've run into a a strange issue. My Q-Code continuously prints 78, which according to ASUS is "ACPI Module Initialization". I've looked up other threads of people facing this issue, but I'm really not sure where to start.

My PC starts normally, the motherboard lights up as does the internal lighting from my Hue+ & EVGA SLI Bridge, and it posts to the American Megatrends page where it says at the bottom,

"Chassis Intrude! Please Check your System!"

Followed by,

"Fatal Error... System Halted."

I've read that it can be a BIOS issue, but I've never changed the BIOS in the year I've owned it, especially not recently while its been in pieces. I've tried changing the 24-Pin cable from my extension to the regular cable, but to no avail.

Specs:

i7-6850K
ASUS X99 Deluxe-II
2x GTX 1080Ti
32GB Dominator Platinum (8x4gb)
Corsair AX1200i
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB

I'm very open to try just about anything, if anyone has some insight on what my issue could be, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

fishman91

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017
I have the exam same issue with the same setup except I have two 1080s. If you find an answer can you please forward it to me? Been on the phone with asus for two days, they think it's the mobo shorting out somewhere.

TRENDING THREADS