Asus X99 Deluxe-II with dual m.2 Samsung 950 PRO

XBOHDPuKC

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016
Installed 2 Samsung 950 m.2 pros on Asus X99 Deluxe-II, one in the m.2 slot and another in the PCI card, no other drives in the system. Have been trying to figure out how to enable RAID, but BIOS doesn't see these drives whatever I do.

It sees one of those as a boot device though. But when I go to EZ-whatever-it-is and turn on RAID, after reboot it doesn't have any devices to set up for a RAID.

Has anyone succeeded in creating a bootable m.2 raid 0 specifically with asus MB?

Solution
According to a few technical reviews it is possible to configure two Samsung 950's in a RAID array. However, I am not familiar with the specific details.

I maintain an ssd database listed in a sticky at the very top of this forum section. Here is the link:

http://www.johnnylucky.org/data-storage/ssd-database.html

The Samsung 950 is listed at the top of the database. You'll see links to English Language reviews and reviews in other languages. A couple of them were actually reviews of 950 RAID arrays. Unfortunately, I am growing old disgracefully and I forget things. You'll have to click on the links to find the 950 Raid reviews. I think the reviews might help you with configuration.

On the other hand I distinctly remember Green Tech...
According to a few technical reviews it is possible to configure two Samsung 950's in a RAID array. However, I am not familiar with the specific details.

I maintain an ssd database listed in a sticky at the very top of this forum section. Here is the link:

http://www.johnnylucky.org/data-storage/ssd-database.html

The Samsung 950 is listed at the top of the database. You'll see links to English Language reviews and reviews in other languages. A couple of them were actually reviews of 950 RAID arrays. Unfortunately, I am growing old disgracefully and I forget things. You'll have to click on the links to find the 950 Raid reviews. I think the reviews might help you with configuration.

On the other hand I distinctly remember Green Tech Reviews, which is h a Russian Language review of 950's in a RAID array. You could use Google traanslate to read the revuiew

Solution