Asus x99 Deluxe won't post

OliverB360

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2013
I just built the system and I can not get it to boot. I am getting a red light over the top PCI-E slot. I have tried another GPU and and still getting the problem. The error read out is showing B2. Any suggestions?

Solution
I would unplug everything but the ram and gpu and put the mb outside the case see if it posts fine outside the case to rule out bad case header wire or dead short.
make sure the 8 pin power plug on the edge of the mb plugged in or the cpu and video cards will be missing some of the power needed to post. check that your video card has all of the power plugs connected. on the aus mb the last 4 number of the serial are the bios rev. check to see if you have the newest bios file on the mb if not use the usb flashback tool and update it.

OliverB360

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2013
I did the bios update. The boot was different but ended up coming back to the B2 error with the led over the PCI-E slot. I tried the card in the other slots as well. Any other idea? and because it is x99 there is no onboard video.

check that the ram is in the right slots. on the power supply and gpu check that the right cables are plugged into the right ports. on some power supplys use two 4 pin black cables marked cpu. make sure you di not plug in a 8 pin video power cable into the mb. check to see that the cpu is seated and the cooler not crushing the cpu.

OliverB360

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2013
Just wanted to thank everyone for there help, turns out there was something wrong with all the PCI-E. I'm still not sure why all the slots didn't seem to work but my new board came today and seems to be working without a problem.