[SOLVED] ASUS XG-C100C 10g Adapter installation question

Nov 13, 2019
So I purchased the ASUS XG-C100C 10g Adapter, and I have disabled the built in wireless adapter and the Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet Controller, but I didn't know if I was supposed to disable all the WAN Miniport things that show up in device manager? I have good connection and speeds, but when streaming a video, or show I sometimes get a split second skips, and wasn't sure if these things were interfering with the connection of the newly installed adapter.

This is what comes up on my Network Adapters list:
View: https://imgur.com/icGzd7N

Last edited:
Solution
You likely can delete them if you can find a way. These seemed to appear with some patch level of windows. I don't think they are tied to any particular physical interface. Most are used to create various forms of tunnels. They "should" cause no issues. I really hate microsoft and the massive bloat they have in windows 10. I much rather have all features disabled and I turn them on if I plan to use them. But they want to cram stuff like xbox onto everyone machines and that was a massive pain to get hide and disable.

The ones you really have to worry about are the TAP ones put in by things like VPN.

You could try to disable all of them and see if anything changes. I doubt it is the source of your issue.

I tend to...
Nov 13, 2019
Additional info

The main area where I see this "skipping" is on Twitch. I have had this new computer up for a few days now and have noticed this over the last few days, and I've tried resetting my modem and router, and all that with no luck in fixing the issue.

You likely can delete them if you can find a way. These seemed to appear with some patch level of windows. I don't think they are tied to any particular physical interface. Most are used to create various forms of tunnels. They "should" cause no issues. I really hate microsoft and the massive bloat they have in windows 10. I much rather have all features disabled and I turn them on if I plan to use them. But they want to cram stuff like xbox onto everyone machines and that was a massive pain to get hide and disable.

The ones you really have to worry about are the TAP ones put in by things like VPN.

You could try to disable all of them and see if anything changes. I doubt it is the source of your issue.

I tend to always blame killer stuff maybe just because of bias on my part. You need load the drivers that have all the killer features removed. Killer in theory should not run on other interfaces but they have so many bugs in their drivers that you never really know.

Your best test would be to leave a constant ping run to your router IP in a background window. Twitch has a very large buffer and it would take a large amount of data loss to cause skips. You should see this in a ping command.

Reactions: IWORDI
Solution
Nov 13, 2019

I tend to always blame killer stuff maybe just because of bias on my part. You need load the drivers that have all the killer features removed. Killer in theory should not run on other interfaces but they have so many bugs in their drivers that you never really know.

Your best test would be to leave a constant ping run to your router IP in a background window. Twitch has a very large buffer and it would take a large amount of data loss to cause skips. You should see this in a ping command.
Hmmm, okay thank you so much for this info. I did a ping test to twitch, and only did a 30 packet test and had 0% loss, with an average 17ms. I just wanted to do a quick test, so I'll try an extended one like you recommended and see what results I get from that.

Thanks again!