[SOLVED] Asus Xonar DG issue detecting as wrong hardware id in device manager? VEN_13F6&DEV_8388&SUBSYS_80671043

Nov 6, 2018
I purchased a new Asus Xonar DG. I have windows 10 and it wont detect as an audio device in the device manager. Instead it detect as VGA device with hardware id VEN_13F6&DEV_8388&SUBSYS_80671043
I am a bit lost...

Solution
I find out it was related to the way the card was sitting in the pci slot.

It needs to sit perfect in order to work properly... if its not, windows might recognize it as Multimedia Audio Controller but it won't let you install the drivers... Once it sit properly Windows might just installed the drivers for you then it will be called ASUS Xonar DG Audio Device.

Also it was possible that there was dust in the PCI port it took me 4 try in and out the slot to get it to work.

I had to bend a lil bil the braket. Pushed in straight and keep it this way as I am placing the screw on the case to lock the bracket.

I hope this post help someone in the future.
Nov 6, 2018
I find out it was related to the way the card was sitting in the pci slot.

It needs to sit perfect in order to work properly... if its not, windows might recognize it as Multimedia Audio Controller but it won't let you install the drivers... Once it sit properly Windows might just installed the drivers for you then it will be called ASUS Xonar DG Audio Device.

Also it was possible that there was dust in the PCI port it took me 4 try in and out the slot to get it to work.

I had to bend a lil bil the braket. Pushed in straight and keep it this way as I am placing the screw on the case to lock the bracket.

I hope this post help someone in the future.

Solution