Asus xonar dg microphone & front panel problem

retox

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Hey everyone. I just recently purchased an ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 sound card and I have installed the latest drivers already. I plugged in my speakers to the back of the card and they work perfectly. The problem is that when I try to plug in my microphone (back or front panel) and headphones (front panel), they will not function. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks!!!

Specs :

HAF 932 Case
ASUS Sabertooth X58
Intel i7 920
EVGA GTX 670
Intel 330 240GB
Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm

Solution
Okay well the issue with plugging speakers into the front is you may need to connect something to your motherboard from your sound card I have never used a headset with front audio. The microphone you may want to mess around with the recording settings and see if there is a input that works because that is something that should work.

retox

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Sorry if my explanation is confusing. :p

When I plug in my microphone to either the back or front, it doesn't work. When I plug in my headphones at the front, it doesn't work. My speakers DO work when plugged into the sound card.

Okay well the issue with plugging speakers into the front is you may need to connect something to your motherboard from your sound card I have never used a headset with front audio. The microphone you may want to mess around with the recording settings and see if there is a input that works because that is something that should work.

Solution

retox

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
The panel HD Audio is connected to the sound card and the BIOS is set to HD Audio. Somehow, the back microphone jack is working correctly now, but the front headphone and microphone jacks do not work still.

retox

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Aw, I really didn't want a sound card in the first place actually, but BF3 had problems with my Realtek sound, so I went and bought one. Hopefully I can fix it! Thanks though! :)

Ah that is a problem I face as well. I found I use my speakers quite a bit less as my headset (Astro A40's) are my primary use of sound. You will have to do some configuring to get it going one thing you could do is install your onboard sound and use your headset through that and use your sound card for your speakers that could be a option not ideal but hey its a option.

G

I assume you installed the drivers for the sound card... It should have also installed a Xonar application. If you go into that application, there is a setting to direct the output to the front headphone port / rear speakers. It should work as soon as you change the selection.

patrick lacey

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014

I had the exact same problem and never bothered checking the output device. Thank you, and once again you have proved to me that reading is fundamental