ASUS Xonar DGX Bluescreen DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL?

ti6al4v

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017
Hello,
recently I got a second hand Xonar DGX. Since I installed it getting a bluescreen "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" when playing PUBG. Also I had it 2 times that the screen just went black but I can still hear the game running in the background maybe the graphics driver crashed I don't exactly know. Anyone know how to fix that issu?

My system specs:
ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4
i5 6600K @ 4,4 GHz
Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev.B
RipJaws V 16 GB 3000 MHz
MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X+ 8G
ASUS Xonar DGX
Straight Power 10 500 W

ti6al4v

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017
I got that latest driver from ASUS. I don't got the disk that came with the card. Also this is the only slot I can seat it in. I just got 2 PCI-e and the x16 is for the GPU.

note: looks like the reason the driver failed was because the stack was corrupted. this can be a bug in the sound driver or be caused by another driver.
I would go into bios and reset the bios to defaults so the bios rescans the hardware. and rebuilds the database of hardware settings it sends to windows. I would then boot windows and run control panel and disable any sound device that does not have a speaker connected to it. (GPU has a sound driver for the HDMI and displayport support, if you don't have a speaker in your monitor you can disable the high def audio support in the GPU driver)

you might remove (not a likely cause since the stack was corrupted)
\C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\MSI OC Kit\ActiveX_Service\NTIOLib_X64.sys Tue Apr 12 00:04:16 2016

and see if you still get a bugcheck in the : C-Media Audio Interface Driver
if you can figure what chip asus is using then you can go to the c media website and download the current driver:https://www.cmedia.com.tw/support/download_center

ti6al4v

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017
Thanks for the answer. Something is using this file and I don't know what as long as it's running it don't lets me remove it. Have not running any MSI software I can see. Allready checked services that are running can't find anything.
Edit: Is there any other way to rescan hardware? Otherwise I need to remove all my OC settings. Also I allready disabled the onboard chip already I will see If I can disable the GPU sound driver also.

yes, you can force the BIOS to rescan the hardware if you go into bios and toggle any setting. turn something off and back on. Most bios versions will rescan and rebuild the database in this case. generally it is better to reset the bios to defaults or update it because it does remove any overclock settings.

ti6al4v

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017
I tried toggle something in the BIOS now can I see somehow if it did a rescan? Also I can't find anything in the GPU driver to disable the HDMI audio driver. I checked in device manager there is nothing enabled that doesn't have speakers connected.

ti6al4v

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017
Just happpend again screen just went black but there was still sound. Don't know whats causing that. I don't think the soundcard is faulty the guy I got it from told me it works fine... But everyone wanna sell you something probably would do that.

Dump the raw stack, or call the current thread to get a better stack. Alternatively the stack can be reconstructed, but that's better done on a kernel dump.

there was a call to Killer Bandwidth Control Filter Driver
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bwcW10x64.sys Thu Sep 15 09:22:54 2016
just before the sound driver crashed.

maybe update the driver and the Ethernet driver. or remove or disable the killer bandwitdth filter

looked like some plug and play calls, then the killer bandwitdth filterr, then the oem sound driver, then Microsoft sound library then back to the oem sound driver and then a page fault because of corruptions

so I would suspect the killer driver or the sound driver

a kernel memory dump might make things more clear. At least you can check what is going on with the other cpu cores

ti6al4v

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017
I'm sorry but I dont know exactly what you mean by "Dump the raw stack" or "kernel memory dump" my english isn't the best and I'm not a computer expert by far. But I did update the Killer driver and disabled the bandwidth filter. I'm uploading the memory.dmp file right now but it got 1GB so with my connection it will take like 3h as soon as its uploaded I share the link.
Edit: Also the crashes happening with Playerunknown's Battleground which is a early access game. Maybe that's also a problem. I had problems with this game before.

"Dump the raw stack" was meant to johnbl, in case a stack overflow or stack corruption occurs the raw stack can provide information that a normal stack doesn't because its compressed.

A kernel memory dump is a memory dump, usually of a few gigabytes or several hundreds megabytes. This file is created when you reboot from a BSOD, as this file is quite large it is being overwritten everytime a BSOD occurs to prevent someone with many BSODs from loosing a large amount of free space unnecessary. Additionally, files called minidumps (mini kernel dumps) are created, they only contain the current thread of a certain process wherein the BSOD was called, the register data the CPU was working on and if one's lucky some internal structures (see: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff564540(v=vs.85).aspx) we can use with memory addresses to figure out what something was doing with it. By analyzing those minidumps we generally still know what went wrong and help without the user loosing unnecessary space.

-5 errors reported for the nt kernel
- the stack for the oem driver was not corrupted in this dump. looks like it has some problem.
1513 errors : win32k (fffff960b599a000-fffff960b599a62a)

I would assume the system is infected or hacked.

-----------

atieah32.exe is running might be a virus
http://www.herdprotect.com/atieah32.exe-cb753e6fc9a51d6a72ca7af8d141521feffcbb80.aspx

sounds like an amd file, I would just do a Malwarebytes scan

atieah32.exe doesn't look like malware, if it was it would've been removed on systems at sites like BleepingComputer and TechSupportForum.

Am currently still running the dump, it's going to take a while since I'm going through quite a large table.

EDIT: seems I misclicked an upvote....

Something's wrong, the dump is quite empty.
Unless calling the current thread, you wouldn't know what happened after the cmudaxp called itself multiple times (pagefault->bugcheck).
The faulting instruction pointer (or protocol?) doesn't contain any information, the register is empty, the raw stack doesn't show much useful, can't dump the pages, it's all invalid, can't back trace what went wrong and why.

The memory dump doesn't appear to be very useful, or there is something severely wrong on your system.

Please remove the card to see if everything didn't occur coincidentally.

There is a note on the cmedia website
For CMI878x, CM88xx, or USB Audio series, please contact your product vendor to get customized Win10 driver.
However, if your product didn't apply customized driver when you purchased, you can then just use Win10 in box standard driver.

Looks like asus is just using the windows 8.1 driver from 2015. You might turn off plug and play, then remove the asus driver package then turn plug ans play back on and see if windows provides a updated generic cmedia driver.

The Microsoft version would get fixes if it caused bugchecks.

ti6al4v

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017
I removed the card now I will see how it goes. I contacted ASUS and asked for a Win 10 driver and the send me the same I allready had. I bet everything works fine without the card but I'll see.
Edit: The guy from ASUS told me I could try this drivers here.