Asus Xonar DX - PC WONT FIND IT

smurflin96

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Hello,

I just got my Xonar DX and whathever i do i get the "Please plug-in your Xonar DX card/device" and it really starts to annoy me here. I have tried to use another power connecetor to the soundcard, disablet on-board audio in BIOS E.T.C , but nothing works.

I have searched on google,but cant find out of anything.

I do have a Asus Sabertooth Z87 mobo , Asus 770 SLI, if that is relevant.

Please, someone help me, i want to test my new Beyerdynamics ..

smurflin96

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
I dont think so. There is a device on "Other devices" called "Unknown Device", but i dont know if its that.

Is there anyway i can see if my PCI-E slot detects the soundcard?

brarboy

Honorable
Once again, make sure your card is getting power. Check for connectors, if they are plugged-in properly?
Look in Sound section. If it doesn't show up, go with bios update. If already up to date, then clear CMOS.
If still doesn't show up in your pc, just check it on some other pc just to check if it is not DOA.

brarboy

Honorable
I found this somewhere, looks it worth reading once:
Go into device manager and disable all other onboard audio drivers. Your Graphics card may also have an audio driver and if so, you should disable that in system manager as well. Then shut down the computer and reseat the Xonar in the PCIE 1 slot. Make sure it is well seated they are a little tricky in that regard. Reboot your computer and Windows should see the card. Do not let Windows install any driver for the Xonar use the latest from Asus or better yet, download the Unified Xonar drivers (Google it). Now try to install your Xonar drivers. It should see the card.

smurflin96

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

What do u mean ?

smurflin96

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
I have tried everything now, and still nothing. Im just going to reinstall windows and install the driver for it first and see if it happens. If not, i have a faulty card/connection

brarboy

Honorable

yup, after doing installation if still doesn't work, it would be pointing towards faulty connections. So, take it to service shop and ask them to check it.

powerswg32

Reputable
Aug 2, 2014
There is a known issue with everyone who has Z87 Sabertooth. If in SLI mode the top PCIE slot does not detect sound cards.

If you take a SLI card it works. Put one in and it wont. The internet is riddled with similar stories. You have to pout it in the bottom slot and cover up your vid card fans. It is pathetic.

You can try disable onboard in BIOS and disabled HDMI sound of Nvidia cards and it still wont work. Its the slot does not detect if in SLI mode, and that is when the slot is needed as the other 2 slots cannot be used as no room.

Piss poor design.