Asus Xonar STX: Audiophile Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you have the high end/high quality sound equipment (subs,etc) a card like this is quite un-needed. Same if you are just listening to MP3s(or any lossy compressed format). Good job on ASUS part for catering to a niche market though.

kelfen

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]Unless you have the high end/high quality sound equipment (subs,etc) a card like this is quite un-needed. Same if you are just listening to MP3s(or any lossy compressed format). Good job on ASUS part for catering to a niche market though.[/citation]
Well sound card/speakers. You are only good as your weakest link. so you hook up bad a speakers to an awsome high quality sound card vis versa uh oo...

animal_chin

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2007
[citation][nom]liemfukliang[/nom]X-Fi 2 anyone?[/citation]

I will never ever buy a Creative product. They decided to not release Vista drivers for any of their current sound card lineup. Instead they release basically the same sound card for Vista so you had to basically rebuy your sound card if you wanted to run Vista. They also banned users from their forums that wrote and released Vista drivers for their cards. They realized that sound cards were a one time purchase and did this out of greed.

This card is obviously for a HTPC. I would consider getting this card on my next build, at which time I should have a nice receiver and a good set of speakers to plug into this thing. Hopefully I'll have a nice collection of flac by then. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.