Question Asus Z-87A replacement

Aug 25, 2022
Hi what motherboard can i replace my fried z87a with? Z97a also isn't available anymore. Cpu is i5-4670k. Ideally around 100 bucks or less and similar performance/dimensions. Thanks

Where will you shop?

Specifically.

No point in naming a motherboard that you cannot get at your sources, whatever they may be.
In this case it dosent matter anyway.
UK PCPP shows two models available from every major retailer. One is listed way over budget, and the other is a cheap B85 board.

Used is likely going to be the only option short of a complete CPU+RAM+MOBO change.

Aug 25, 2022
Where will you shop?

Specifically.

No point in naming a motherboard that you cannot get at your sources, whatever they may be.
Amazon/ebay Anywhere i can go really. I'm seeing the z87 pro on ebay but not sure if it's the same dimensions or will fit my pc. Corsaircarbide 200r compact i5 4670k 1080ti, 212 cooler fan.

Aug 25, 2022
In this case it dosent matter anyway.
UK PCPP shows two models available from every major retailer. One is listed way over budget, and the other is a cheap B85 board.

Used is likely going to be the only option short of a complete CPU+RAM+MOBO change.
Yes used is what I'm after. What's the difference between z87a and z87 pro? Performance and dimensions if it will fitmy pc?

Aug 25, 2022
That case appears to be an ordinary mid tower full ATX that would accept any standard ATX motherboard. Coolers up to 165mm tall will fit.
Motherboard is only thing im replacing, not sure how different z87a and z87 pro is. I will just have to buy a used z87 pro on ebay. It's the only option but not sure if fan etc will fit are these 2 mobos the same size? Layout different?

Aug 25, 2022
Very tough to recommend used boards to anybody, but if budget demands it, then.......

Don't know about UK, but in US you can get CPU/RAM/Motherboard package considerably stronger than a 4670K for perhaps 350 dollars at the lower end. i3 Intel-based.
I have a 100gbp budget and can get the z87pro around 60-80gbp i think. I missed out on the z97a for 80gbp yesterday, it was sold today before i could buy. I know used isn't ideal but I'm short on money.