Asus Z170-P Intel Z170 1 long beep 4 short beeps

Semi-noob-gamer

Prominent
Apr 29, 2017
Intel i7-6700k
16GB DDR4 Ram (can't remember full specs)
Asus Z170-P Intel Z170
GTX 1070
corsair H100 watercooler

Okay so i left my PC asleep for a while and came back to it, woke it up and got a pup up warning saying my cpu temps have exceeded 75C... Restarted my PC only to get 1 long beep and 4 short beeps which repeated twice... shut down and tried again and got one normal post beep which filled me with joy and then 1 long beep with 4 short beeps again but only once this time and no repeat.
From here the "american megatrends" screen was displaying and showed a cpu fan speed error message with an option to press f2 and enter the "settings" which is actually my normal bios.
In the bios i can see that the cpu1 fan header is not displaying any fans at all dispite the fact that the cpu watercooler is definately plugged into the cpu1 fan header and not the wrong header. also the fans were spinning full speed on the water cooler but i'm pretty sure there must be an issue with the pump on my watercooler to be getting the extreme temps i was getting just while in the bios..

My question is... has anyone been able to fix this before with one of those simple things that you don't think of but are really obvious when someone tells you. The whole system is only a couple of months old and i really need it for coursework right now (and of course some casual gaming)

Any advice would be much appreciated right now, i only know the basics on building PCs and don't have any experience with diagnosing issues like this

Thanks guys

Solution
the watercooler unit on the CPU Fan header run like a normal fan, and like a normal fan they can die off.
now that said, most newer motherboard check that a fan is on the heatsink/watercooler pump is attached to it before letting a pc booting up, prevents burned cpus.. a nice thing when you think about it. :)

now to your problem., I would disconnect the watercooler pump from cpufan header and connect another fan to it;

if that fan does not start up, then you have a bad motherboard header, and the only way I know is to disable the cpu fan header " is it on" in bios and connect the cpu fan to another header and use MSi to manage the fan to keep your cpu cool.

if the fan does start up then likely your "block" watercooler pump is dead...
the watercooler unit on the CPU Fan header run like a normal fan, and like a normal fan they can die off.
now that said, most newer motherboard check that a fan is on the heatsink/watercooler pump is attached to it before letting a pc booting up, prevents burned cpus.. a nice thing when you think about it. :)

now to your problem., I would disconnect the watercooler pump from cpufan header and connect another fan to it;

if that fan does not start up, then you have a bad motherboard header, and the only way I know is to disable the cpu fan header " is it on" in bios and connect the cpu fan to another header and use MSi to manage the fan to keep your cpu cool.

if the fan does start up then likely your "block" watercooler pump is dead and you need a new cooling system for your cpu

Solution

Semi-noob-gamer

Prominent
Apr 29, 2017