[SOLVED] Asus Z170 Pro Gaming + Kingston HyperX Fury RAM

kufooru

Honorable
Jul 22, 2014
Just a quick question about RAM compatibility.
I've been looking at some new RAM sticks, but since the z170 compatibility list is outdated at this point, I was hoping somebody with more knowledge could help me out.

What I'm looking at is Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4, 2x8GB, 3200MHz, CL16 (HX432C18FB2K2/16).
I'm using a similar 8GB stick at the moment, also HyperX Fury DDR4, but 2666MHz, CL15. However I'm unsure of the part number, as production was discontinued on this one, and I don't know where exactly my box is.

Will I be ok with the aforementioned RAM on a z170 Pro Gaming?

Solution
If given that you take out your old 8GB stick and replace it with 2x 8GB sticks, i see no reason why new RAM shouldn't work in your MoBo. Also, just because Asus haven't tested that specific RAM (HX432C18FB2K2/16) and added it to the memory QVL, doesn't mean the RAM doesn't work in your MoBo. There are just so many different RAM makes and models out there that MoBo manufacturers couldn't possibly test all the DDR4 RAM out there.

As far as your current RAM part number goes, it's written on the sticker on the RAM DIMM itself. You can read the part number from there.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
If given that you take out your old 8GB stick and replace it with 2x 8GB sticks, i see no reason why new RAM shouldn't work in your MoBo. Also, just because Asus haven't tested that specific RAM (HX432C18FB2K2/16) and added it to the memory QVL, doesn't mean the RAM doesn't work in your MoBo. There are just so many different RAM makes and models out there that MoBo manufacturers couldn't possibly test all the DDR4 RAM out there.

As far as your current RAM part number goes, it's written on the sticker on the RAM DIMM itself. You can read the part number from there.

Solution

kufooru

Honorable
Jul 22, 2014

Yeah, taking the old RAM out is what I had in mind.
Thanks for the response :)