Question Asus Z270 Hero IX, 32gb Ram assistance?

ryantarry

Commendable
Apr 2, 2018
Hello Tom's community,

I'd like a little assistance, first of all I'd like to apologise, I'm not the strongest writer but I will try my best to explain the situation.

I've got an asus z270 hero IX motherboard with 4 sticks of 8gb corsair vengeance 3200mhz ram. However, I can't seem to get it to post with the full 32gb of ram installed. It posts with 16gb of ram in channels a2 and b2 but that is all.

Here's a list of things I've tried to get to post. I've reseated my CPU, I've reseated the CPU cooler, I've tried all 4 sticks of ram in different combinations and all 4 sticks are definitely working as intended it just seems to be the a1 and b1 channel not working. I've tried XMP profile and normal, I've tried using the recommended voltages on the ram and nothing.

Motherboard errorcodes include CC, 55, 01, 03

I've read a few other threads on here regarding similar issues but nothing seemed to help so any assistance would be bloody brilliant.

Cheers

update the BIOS of your motherboard

isn´t it recognized in windows and in BIOS as well?

Reset the BIOS by jumper

Which CPU are you using?

Are all CPU socket pins of the motherboard fine and not bent?

check one RAM in slot B2 each time with memtest.org usb autoinstaller (bootable USB flash drive)

ryantarry

Commendable
Apr 2, 2018
update the BIOS of your motherboard

isn´t it recognized in windows and in BIOS as well?

Reset the BIOS by jumper

Which CPU are you using?

Are all CPU socket pins of the motherboard fine and not bent?

check one RAM in slot B2 each time with memtest.org usb autoinstaller (bootable USB flash drive)

Hello sir, thank you for your response!

I forgot to mention I have indeed updated the bios as it had ''better DRAM support'' under the update notes and it didn't seem to help.

I am using an i7 7700k cpu, I've throughly inspected cpu and socket pins and everything is fine. Genuinely starting to think this a common issue with this motherboard as others have reported the same issue as myself

ryantarry

Commendable
Apr 2, 2018
Now that you mention it, I did buy them as two dual channel kits.

Is that a huge problem?

I've reset the bios as well yes, the computer physically doesn't post with channel, a1 and a2 populated. Not to bios justs a black screen and then the motherboard error codes appear as mentioned and that is all.