ASUS Z270 Motherboard - LAN Driver Won't Install

7jdhill

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
I just built a new PC. Running Windows 10 64bit. Intel i7-7700k. ASUS Z270 Mark2 motherboard.

I went to install the bundled drivers from the z270 disc and the LAN driver wouldn't install.

I downloaded the driver from the ASUS website onto a thumb drive, tried uploading it to the new PC and received an error message that said "Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are present in this computer."

How do I install the LAN driver?

Please help me...

Solution
I figured it out. Thank you all for your help.

I uploaded the LAN driver off the ASUS website onto a USB, then dragged the file onto my PC desktop, then went into my control panel device manager and installed the drive.
You may need to install motherboard drivers first, especially IME and chipset drivers. If/once you do that, go to Device Manager and see if there are any devices under Network cards.
Also note that it is possible to turn off LAN device in BIOS, so check out there if it was not disabled. (Advanced Menu>Onboard devices configuration>Intel LAN controller must be set to enabled)

7jdhill

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
I figured it out. Thank you all for your help.

I uploaded the LAN driver off the ASUS website onto a USB, then dragged the file onto my PC desktop, then went into my control panel device manager and installed the drive.

Solution