Question Asus Z270E pwr_led blinks, no post

Nov 23, 2020
Hello everyone,

some background: a few days ago my PC shut off suddenly. The only LED on the motherboard that was on was the pwr_led, it would not start again. I tried an older PSU, although i couldn't connect the CPU because it requires a 8 pins and the old PSU only had 4. I connected the 24 pin of the old PSU to the motherboard and the ambient LEDs turned on, this wouldn't happen with the normal PSU. So i bought a new PSU with 8 pin CPU connector, installed it, yet once again only the pwr_led blinks. Disconnected all drives, GPU, reslotted RAM, etc. but nothing helped.

Anyway, what I want to know is what the blinking pwr_led means. I haven't found anything in the manual or online about it. It blinks at the same frequency constantly and it beeps at the same time it blinks. Does someone know if that actually means something?

Nov 23, 2020
Ah sorry forgot about that.
I7-7700K
Asus STRIX 270E
Asus GeForce 1060
1st PSU EVGA G2 650W
New PSU be quiet pure power 11 600W
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB x4

I mainly want to know what the blinking pwr_led means to further troubleshoot as it doesn't seem to be explained anywhere. I just know that when the PC is powered on the LED stays on.