ASUS Z370-P- Mobo LEDs on, No fans, No USB power

radefox

Prominent
Dec 4, 2017
I am just trying to make sure all my connections and mobo are good on a new build, while I wait for my processor to arrive.

Both main power cables are plugged in, the 8 pin one is Labeled CPU straight from the power supply. Speaker does not beep.

I have tried a second 850w power supply and no changes. I also tried jumping the PowerSwitch pins, in case it stopped working in the process (case and buttons were working fine today, prior to rebuild)

Mobo- ASUS Z370-P
RAM- GSkill 2666 DDR4
Power- Corsair CS850 (old power tested, Thermaltake 850w)
Both power supplies tested with paperclip test, and working.

radefox

Prominent
Dec 4, 2017
So the Processor is needed to even make the chasis fans run? That does not seem right, I have tested builds like this before, and have not run across this issue.

radefox

Prominent
Dec 4, 2017
On a serious note, the processor I am buying costs $389, seeing how none of my chasis or cpu fans will run with power to the mobo, I am very concerned about damaging the processor once I put it in. I have read several posts here and on other sites that all say the fans should run for me, if the mobo is lighting up.

Oddly enough, my exact issue is not all that common it seems, according to troubleshooting forums, I have only seen a small handful of people reporting mobo lights on, all else dead. In only a few of the cases, a faulty power switch was the fix, the rest were unsolved.

My processor coming -Intel BX80684I58600K 8th Gen Core i5-8600K Processor.

My processor is arriving today (early, yay!) so I am very apprehensive about popping it in and seeing what happens.

radefox

Prominent
Dec 4, 2017
OK, I called ASUS Support once my processor arrived. The answer is mobo's have changed recently, and now no longer power up at all without a CPU in place. The tech wasn't sure when this change took place, as he remembers being able to do this himself in the past. Putting this knowledge out there, since older enthusiasts might have the same fears and concerns I did.

So all is running now, just having to reinstall Windows 10 to get rid of the horrendous driver conflict system lag.

radefox

Prominent
Dec 4, 2017

Yea, only now I am plagued with the BSOD video_scheduler_internal_error. Been through dozens of posts on this site, and many others trying so called fix after fix, and nothing works. I haven't really seen any posts offering a good or generally effective fix for this issue.

According to other posts I have seen, the issue has been ongoing for months. I am at my wits end.