Nov 8, 2018
PC Build:
Asus Z370 TUF Pro Gaming
Intel i5 9600k
Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 2x8gb
EVGA Geforce GTX 1060
EVGA 80+ 500W PSU
Corsair 100R Mid-tower case

I'm having an issue getting to POST. Have tested and retested connections, have removed the MoBo from the case to test for shorts, double checked that the memory was seated properly, tried multiple different slots for the memory, tried using a single stick in the A2 slot, tried jumping the memory settings, tried removing everything but the CPU, PSU and HSF. Double checked the compatibility of all of the parts.

This is the first time this Motherboard will ever be booted up.

Yes, the power switch is on. The fans run, but get no beep when I turn it on and no visual.

Any suggestions for other diagnostic steps I can take?

Solution
you probably need a bios update, look in the right hand corner of MB or somewhere in that area for a number probably a 1101 or 0214 itll be the last four. it the bios version. you will need to update bios if it matches one of these numbers the 9600k needs bios 1704.
you probably need a bios update, look in the right hand corner of MB or somewhere in that area for a number probably a 1101 or 0214 itll be the last four. it the bios version. you will need to update bios if it matches one of these numbers the 9600k needs bios 1704.

Solution
Intel Celeron G3900 works with BIOS version 1104 - $38
Core i3-8100 works with BIOS version 214 - $130

You should determine the BIOS the motherboard shipped with. The BIOS version is the last 4 numbers on a very thin white sticker (bar code ) on the extreme right hand edge of the board, next to the SATA ports or the 24 pin ATX power.

Nov 8, 2018

It was indeed a BIOS issue. I took it to a shop and they put in an 8th gen chip and it went into POST no problem. Updated the BIOS and my 9th gen chip started working.

Thanks for the help.