Question Asus Z390 Gaming-E frame rate issues.

slidai

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2006
I am not sure if this is a motherboard issue (maybe not) but it seemed the best place to post.

I built this system a while back but as stated above, I have a Asus Z390 Gaming-E motherboard paired with a i9 9900k, 2080ti, 64gb corsair 3200 ram, 970 pro m.2 1TB with Windows 10 pro 64-bit. I haven't really touched anything in the bios so it that should all basically be default settings.

The issue I am having is as follows. I have 2 monitors. One is a 49 inch Samsung ultrawide (forget the model name) and the other is a 32 inch widescreen (LG?). I typically play WoW classic on the big screen while I steam Hulu or Netflix on the smaller screen. I also have discord open on that smaller screen. I am having a frame rate issue whenever I have multiple WoW instances opened at one time. I use windowed mode for WoW. If only one instance of WoW is open, the game and Hulu/Netflix are fine. I get like 300FPS in the game and whatever I am streaming is smooth as silk. However, if I have two WoW instances opened whatever I am -NOT- currently focused on has their FPS drop dramatically (Chrome or WoW, doesn't matter). When I alt-tab between them, whatever I focus on becomes fine again and the other two get choppy.

This weekend I went ahead and did a complete wipe and reinstall of everything. I updated all the drivers and the only things on my computer other than what comes with the OS are WoW, Chrome and Discord. The issue is still there.

Any ideas?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS