Question Asus z390 no boot with full ram

Mar 26, 2020
I went to clean my cpu cooler and dust off inside the tower. I took the cooler off the cpu and reinstalled.

will not boot to bios with any ram in any slot combo other than b1. All 8 sticks I have will only boot in b1, so I know ram is good.

computer operates fine with just b1 installed. Cpu temps good (23c at idle)

runs Tarkov maxed out fine and no alarming temps at cpu.

im running an asus z390-f and I replaced yesterday with a brand new z390-e. Exact same results. So I know it’s not a bent pin on either MOBO.
RAM, MOBO, GPU all tested to be fine as it still boots and has same condition with no GPU as well.

specs:
Asus z390e and f
Corsair dominator platinum 3200 4x16(64gb)
i9 9900k
EVGA 2080ti FTW 3
Corsair i150 3 fan cpu cooler.

Everything ran like a top before removing the cooler to clean. Everything still runs fine with one stick in b1. Bios will not boot with any other combo.
Ideas?

Mar 26, 2020
I'd remove the CPU....inspect it....inspect the socket.....make sure nothing is amiss....reinstall and try it again.

I'm thinking maybe something got jostled with the CPU when you removed the cooler.

It seems like a likely scenario.
I suspected that too. I removed it once on the F and still same result and then I installed it in the E with same results. I’m wondering if a small part of the chip is fried but still allowing major operation. Maybe just not talking to the RAM the right way now? I may go buy a new i7 just to see if it works right.

I least I know it has to be the processor or something in the bios is wrong, which I’m not skilled enough to REALLY trouble shoot it, unless someone can guide me.

Mar 26, 2020
I'd remove the CPU....inspect it....inspect the socket.....make sure nothing is amiss....reinstall and try it again.

I'm thinking maybe something got jostled with the CPU when you removed the cooler.

It seems like a likely scenario.
Ok, so it’s working now with all 4 sticks in. I followed Corsair instructions to install cooler on cpu until screws were “secured.” Well, don’t tighten them all the way down. It’s not even a lot of torque. I backed all 4 screws off about 3 turns and now it’s working. Corsair needs to be more direct and explicit in mounting the cooler.

Ok, so it’s working now with all 4 sticks in. I followed Corsair instructions to install cooler on cpu until screws were “secured.” Well, don’t tighten them all the way down. It’s not even a lot of torque. I backed all 4 screws off about 3 turns and now it’s working. Corsair needs to be more direct and explicit in mounting the cooler.
Wow that's interesting.
I'm thinking maybe the motherboard flexes if you go too tight and something happens.
....but this is something I will keep in mind.