[SOLVED] ASUS Z390 not powering on

Solution
No it isn't. It looks like it is on paper that is on carpet. Paper can conduct static electricity and carpet is a big creator of static electricity. Unless there is an anti-static bag or mat under that it is very possible that the board could have been damaged by static electricity.
Jan 3, 2019

Oops, I didn't realize I needed a fan, my last build was when CPUs came with a fan.
I got everything but the fan today so I thought I would just test the parts so I don't think anything is fried.

Thanks!

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Did it stay running at any point?

If it always was clicking on and off then the board had a feature that saved you, it knew there was no cpu fan, and flicked off. If it actually ran for a bit and then shut off, you may have fried the processor.

No it isn't. It looks like it is on paper that is on carpet. Paper can conduct static electricity and carpet is a big creator of static electricity. Unless there is an anti-static bag or mat under that it is very possible that the board could have been damaged by static electricity.

Solution

bignastyid

Titan

Why are you turning it on and off so fast? You never really give it a chance to do much. It's not going to turn on and post by just switching on the PSU it will just get flea power and possibly bump some lights and/or fans but that's it.

When you get the cpu cooler installed turn the psu on and wait a ~30 seconds then press the power button or if your are benching it short the 2 pins where that the power button plugs into. .