[SOLVED] Asus Z390-p problem

Jun 17, 2020
Hi there,

I am buikding systems for clients for over 35 years now and didn't need to ask for help till now :-\.
I am building a system containing of a Asus Z390-P Prime
i7-9700K
G.Skill DDR4 Aegis 2x8GB
ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro NVME 256GB M.2 SS
Seasonic Core Gold GC 650 PSU
Asus GeForce RTX 2060 TUF-RTX2060-O6G-GAMING

The problem is that every time I start the PC it just beeps (1 long and 3 short followed by another short). This means VGA problem and indeed, there is no display. I just can't figure out what the problem is.
I tried all standard things like removing the battery etc. I also swapped motherboard, cpu, psu and video cables. I am completely stuck now and as an Asus fan I must say their service is extremely bad and useless.

Solution
Well, I found another thread with the same problem and he solved it by changing monitor. So I changed my monitor with an old TV with HDMI and bingo! It works. Very strange..
Hi Woger. After reading what you just said It seems like the only thing you have not tried is to try another GPU or to test the integrated graphics on your 9700K.

If the system boot without the GPU while you're running on the motherboard graphics port and if the GPU does not work in another system you will know it is the GPU that is faulty.

Jun 17, 2020
Hi Nemesia,
Nope, I also tried that. The last few tests were without GPU and harddisk. Without memory I get the "missing memory" beeps instead of the long beep-3 short beeps. To be honest, I think the memory is the only thing I haven't swapped yet (and the case...), but I don't know how that could lead to an vga error.

Jun 17, 2020
Well, I found another thread with the same problem and he solved it by changing monitor. So I changed my monitor with an old TV with HDMI and bingo! It works. Very strange..

Solution