Question Asus z390 Prime Stuck at splash screen?!? PLEASE HELP.

Pillclinton710

Prominent
Sep 2, 2019
System specs.
8700k originally OC’ed to 5GHz
32GB g skill trident z 3200 MHz DDR4
asus prime z390a
Rtx 2080
Evo 860 SSD 250gb
Evga 750w gold modular

literally pulling my hair out over this... cannot for the life of me figure what’s going on. My PC is totally stuck at the splash/post screen unless I unplug my SSD. Unplugging both SSD and HDD gives me the American Megatrends screen where I can hit F1 and actually access my bios, but obviously there are not drives Connected.. If I press f2/del(bios buttons) upon start up, the System will access the bios after about 8 minutes (no joke, not exaggerating, literally 8 minutes) At the point, the system recognizes both drives, but exiting the bios after the drives are recognized results in no post... also when finally getting into the bios, Even though the 2 drives are recognized on the Main screen they are not recognized on the boot priority what so ever... did windows corrupt itself? Did my 860 die? I really do not understand what’s going on here.

things I’ve tried:
All 4 ram dimms in all 4 different dimm slots
Reseated all cables including sata power/data
Reseated GPU/ removed it
CMOS Clear 3-4times

Oct 12, 2020
check the CPU fan power pins or the pump stuff for water coolers, sometimes the cords can vibrate loose with the fans, but I been having trouble with the Asus Prime Z390 A. I can't believe Asus would put pc components on such a weak PCB, which is easily warped by heavy stuff on board.

Edit: It might not recognize, the RTX GPU without a bios update.
However, I can't even get mine to turn on.

Pillclinton710

Prominent
Sep 2, 2019
check the CPU fan power pins or the pump stuff for water coolers, sometimes the cords can vibrate loose with the fans, but I been having trouble with the Asus Prime Z390 A. I can't believe Asus would put pc components on such a weak PCB, which is easily warped by heavy stuff on board.

Edit: It might not recognize, the RTX GPU without a bios update.
However, I can't even get mine to turn on.

pretty sure my ssd is failing has nothing to do with cpu fan Cables or anything like that. My AIO is working super well and idling at 25c. Also my RTX 2080 has been used in this system for over a year now. But I agree the board is extremely subpar, mine has dead rgb and isn’t recognized by aura sync.

rgd1101

Don't
It’s doesn’t really mater the cpu temp isnt relevant to the problem, if it was overheating it would just shut down on its own as a safety precaution. I’m dealing with a failing SSD is what it looks like.
Unless it really overcook, it could also throttle itself to run a min freq and not shuting down

so it boot up fine to bios without the ssd? if that the case, replace it

Jul 24, 2021
Dead thread, but I just read it 2021 and had a frozen splash screen, so I figured I would post this for any other unfortunate souls whom may land here in the future.
My fix was, CMOS reset by way of forced gpu pull to pull the battery. 15 minutes wait, press on every connection on the mobo, including memory, reinstall gpu, fired right up, set xmp and uefi settings as needed for my hardware. Fixed and booted. I ran into the issue changing settings for tpm cuz windows 11 reasons. Hope this helps someone.