[SOLVED] Asus Z390F RBG LEDs turn on after turning on the PSU

Jun 13, 2019
Hello!

So after having some initial problems with a new build.
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...em-to-boot-f-panel-connector-removed.3489496/
I finally managed to load up to the BIOS.
I would highly appreciate if someone could answer these concerns I currently have:

1. MOBO RGB LEDs (Asus rag z390-F) instantly light up when I flip the PSU switch to ON. Also might be worth mentioning that after I turn off the computer and switch off the PSU these same LEDs stay on for like 5seconds. Is this normal?

2. During the testing phase (I have only the very basic components in: CPU, MOBO, PSU, AIO PUMP, Memory) the motherboards onboard LEDs that check the boot sequence, here the green-light (BOOT) stays lit. I assume this is normal since I don’t have all the components in (like an HDD and GPU)?

3. I hear some sort of “sizzle” sound coming from the pump. I’m not sure how to explain this, so I made a video. Please check if you hear something strange?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ou6ornw1dme8xdi/IMG_1256.MOV?dl=0

4. I took two photos of the bios screen, does everything look okay here?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5r8twyfibouaztw/IMG_1257.JPG?dl=0

Any help would be appreciated!
I’m especially worried about issue #1.
Thank you!

Solution
I don't know really much about that utility, i just know that it's there just because when i don't disconect my PC from the electricity there are LEDs that keept on in my ASUS H110M-A MOBO and i don't remember exactly where but i readed and understood that it was some kind of "infrared" that allows you to turn your PC on remotely, not LAN, but i don't know the details or if i'm even near being right, i'll probably look it up out of curiosity later.
Maybe what i'm saying is delusional BS.

No, no not at all.
And i found the solution, and it's a BIOS settings issue.
I followed the instructions here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRFUJlXqT24

and the RGB lights on the MOBO turned off.
Jun 20, 2019
i'm insecure about my knowledge and my english it's not the best, but.

1. The MOBO LEDs probably turn on right away when you turn the PSU on because of a utility that allows you to turn your PC on remotely, and the LEDs take long to turn off when you turn off your PSU because they are consuming the capacitors residual charge, i think it's completely normal but let's see what somebody else says about it.

2. yes, yeah, it's probably normal, if you had a MOBO speaker it would probably launch some hardware error maybe.

3. i think it's probaly air because of the position the pump is, they will probably go away eventually depending how you have your pc, as long as there are no leaks everything will be probably fine.

4. yeah, everything looks fine.

Nice rig, hope everything goes smooth, cheers from Argentina.

Jun 13, 2019
i'm insecure about my knowledge and my english it's not the best, but.

1. The MOBO LEDs probably turn on right away when you turn the PSU on because of a utility that allows you to turn your PC on remotely, and the LEDs take long to turn off when you turn off your PSU because they are consuming the capacitors residual charge, i think it's completely normal but let's see what somebody else says about it.

2. yes, yeah, it's probably normal, if you had a MOBO speaker it would probably launch some hardware error maybe.

3. i think it's probaly air because of the position the pump is, they will probably go away eventually depending how you have your pc, as long as there are no leaks everything will be probably fine.

4. yeah, everything looks fine.

Nice rig, hope everything goes smooth, cheers from Argentina.

Thanks lerolero for the quick reply! Greetings :)

#1 you said "a utility that allows to turn the PC on", how can i disable this utility? Are you referring to "Wake-on-LAN"? Isn't that disabled by default?

#2 okay thanks :)

#3 There are no leaks!!! and i'll keep a close eye on it.

#4 okay thanks!

Jun 20, 2019
Thanks lerolero for the quick reply! Greetings :)

#1 you said "a utility that allows to turn the PC on", how can i disable this utility? Are you referring to "Wake-on-LAN"? Isn't that disabled by default?

#2 okay thanks :)

#3 There are no leaks!!! and i'll keep a close eye on it.

#4 okay thanks!
I don't know really much about that utility, i just know that it's there just because when i don't disconect my PC from the electricity there are LEDs that keept on in my ASUS H110M-A MOBO and i don't remember exactly where but i readed and understood that it was some kind of "infrared" that allows you to turn your PC on remotely, not LAN, but i don't know the details or if i'm even near being right, i'll probably look it up out of curiosity later.

Jun 13, 2019

No, no not at all.
And i found the solution, and it's a BIOS settings issue.
I followed the instructions here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRFUJlXqT24

and the RGB lights on the MOBO turned off.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS