2x 8gb G.skill trident z 3200mhz
Asus Z390m Plus motherboard
Asus Strix ROG 1070ti
Coolermaster 240ml AIO
250gb Kingston ssd boot drive
500gb same model for games
2tb HDD WD Blue for media

The issue:
One of my sticks of ram died two days ago, this morning my other stick died.
I got the 16gb kit replaced at Umart today and now my PC hangs on the splash screen for about 5 minutes before showing POST (it would not go past the splash screen at all until I cleared CMOS and booted with no USB's plugged in) then after briefly showing POST it will hang on the next Asus splash screen with the loading circle seemingly infinitely, its been spinning throughout typing this whole post.

My boot SSD, full 16gb ram and my CPU are all recognized and shown as healthy when I got into the bios, bios has been updated when I got the board about 2 weeks ago because their factory bios wouldn't support a 9700k, not sure what to try from here.

Solution
SOLUTION!

Ok guys I fixed the problem, my 2tb HDD was causing the boot hang, after unplugging it from the mobo my pc booted fine in about 20 seconds.

Its not the SATA port so I think either the drive has died or the sata cable I was using is broken.

awarr65

Reputable
Jul 15, 2016
SOLUTION!

Ok guys I fixed the problem, my 2tb HDD was causing the boot hang, after unplugging it from the mobo my pc booted fine in about 20 seconds.

Its not the SATA port so I think either the drive has died or the sata cable I was using is broken.

Solution