[SOLVED] Asus Rog Strix Z490-E error code A0 ?

Nivz0r

Prominent
May 13, 2020
Hey guys,
I have a problem which I suspect comes from the motherboard.

When I turn on the PC it will boot into Windows 10 and be stuck until it crashes into blue screen error and my options are "Shut down" or "Restart".
When restarting it will loop into the same issue of stuck on desktop and crash again for about 3 times until it will give me the "Advanced Options" box where i found only system restore will help. Then the PC will work great until the next Reset where it goes back to the same blue screen error ?

I've tried updating chipset drivers and pretty much every other driver I could from Asus z490e page.

Problem keeps coming back.

Pc specs:
Asus Rog Strix Z490-E
g skill royal 32gb 3200mhZ CL16
Crucial p2
Corsair 750w
Nzxt x73
3070ti vision oc

Ideas?

Solution
This sounds more like a corrupt Windows installation or an SSD/HDD problem. The A0 code isn't an error, it means that the motherboard/CPU/RAM combination are functioning as intended.

Is there another SSD or HDD you can try to install Windows on? Testing with a different Windows installation should give you a clear answer.
This sounds more like a corrupt Windows installation or an SSD/HDD problem. The A0 code isn't an error, it means that the motherboard/CPU/RAM combination are functioning as intended.

Is there another SSD or HDD you can try to install Windows on? Testing with a different Windows installation should give you a clear answer.

Solution

Nivz0r

Prominent
May 13, 2020

I ran health and stress tests on the SSD.
It showed good health.
And the speeds are as expected.

I do have extra SSDs here I'll try installing Windows and try them.
I'll update here after done.
Thanks!

Nivz0r

Prominent
May 13, 2020
Not a problem! Let us know. :)
So yeah, I had a cheap sata SSD here that works great, no blue screens. Guess my Crucial nvme is the one with the problem.
Thank god it's only SSD.
Weird tho, as I said I ran health test and speed are all good with the crucial.

Thanks a lot!

TRENDING THREADS