[SOLVED] (ASUS) Z490 power too high? Help lowering CPU temps and volts

trofeer

Commendable
Apr 3, 2021
This is my first build and I am running a Z490 ROG Maximus XII Hero (WiFi) with a 10700K which is cooled by a Noctua U14S. I have 2x140mm Noctua A14 fans as intake, and a Noctua A15 (150mm) as exhaust. I have not touched anything in BIOS other than disabling MCE and running XMP I for my 3600CL16 ram.

2P0ZDJz.png

My rig is strictly for gaming/streaming. My computer is awake from sleep and this screenshot shows current values with just Chrome open. Normal? My volts are at like 1.1xx.
While playing Warzone (CPU intensive, most demanding game I touch and play the most), my CPU is touching 1.34v. Normal? Nothing of concern? My temps may spike randomly to 81C but mostly hover in the low to mid 70s. Hoping theres some sort of way in BIOS I can safely lower some of the power and I'm wondering if this is a known problem with others, thanks!

EDIT: I didnt realize my G.Skill TridentZ App was running in background, using 8-9% in task manager. Closed that and here is what we have..
ovqOf5N.png

Still curious if for 4.7GHz while gaming and touching 1.37+ Vcore is okay?

Solution
I had the same issue with my ASUS Strix gaming F with my 10700k and i have a corsair h115i aio. I would get into the 90's while gaming in Warzone specifically. I am now running at 5ghz and stay in the mid-60s. i can't remember exactly what my settings are but I know MCE was disabled and i believe im running 1.35v vcore. I'm not home at the moment but i can update later but I was very concerned as well as the ASUS settings out of the box are a bit out of whack, it is fixable though i will get back to you this evening
I had the same issue with my ASUS Strix gaming F with my 10700k and i have a corsair h115i aio. I would get into the 90's while gaming in Warzone specifically. I am now running at 5ghz and stay in the mid-60s. i can't remember exactly what my settings are but I know MCE was disabled and i believe im running 1.35v vcore. I'm not home at the moment but i can update later but I was very concerned as well as the ASUS settings out of the box are a bit out of whack, it is fixable though i will get back to you this evening

Reactions: trofeer
Solution

trofeer

Commendable
Apr 3, 2021

Any update to this? Glad to know someone else was experiencing something similar