Question Asus Z590-F - - - - Is the extra 4-pin necessary to have next to the 8-pin if I don't have it ?

Big10

Prominent
Jul 3, 2022
I'm about to get a new motherboard + cpu + case and reuse some of my old build.
Here's the build that i'm going to have: PC PART PICKER
What i was wondering is the 4 extra pin next to 8 pin is necessary to have?
i'm a bit worried if i really must have that extra 4 pin on the Z590-F motherboard.
Cause my corsair tx650m doesn't have that extra 4 pin.

I looked at this video: This Z590 is MAGIC! ASUS Strix Z590-F Gaming WI-FI - Should YOU BUY?

at around 12:10, he mentions that for i7-11700K, it should use the extra 4 pin,
I'm clueless if i should get another new psu with a bit higher watt than mine or if i can run with my corsair's tx650m with an 8 pins only.
I usually browse the web or game a lot. I've never used overclock if that matters.

Big10

Prominent
Jul 3, 2022
The extra is for overclocking - manual or auto, so make sure Multi Core Enhancement is disabled.
I would get a higher wattage PSU , with the proper connections for the board.

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($122.00 @ Amazon)
Total: $122.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-07-22 20:28 EDT-0400

Ah ok, i'm thinking of waiting a bit until the psu lowers the price. I'm thinking of getting between 850w or 1000watt psu.
Is it ok to use my corsair 650 watt temporarily? or will it damage the components or anything like that? i will turn the multi core enhancement off.

Is it ok to use my corsair 650 watt temporarily? or will it damage the components or anything like that? i will turn the multi core enhancement off.
You can use molex to 12V 4pin adapter temporarily, until you get a new PSU.

image.png