Asus z68 pro doesnt wake up in performance mode

mindfriction

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
Hello,

When I switch to "performance" mode in the EZI bios ive noticed my pc has issues waking up from sleep mode, the screen remains black so I have to shut down my pc by hold the power on button.

Is there a known fix for this?

Mobo: Asus P8 z68 Pro
Grfx: Asus gtx 570

Your best strategy is to stop using the Asus utilities. And shut off "cool and quiet."
The utilities (I tried all of them) accomplish very little or nothing, or create more problems than they solve. For example, "cool and quiet" reduced the processor power so much, that the processor would stop working....
The operating system has issues in waking up from sleep mode. This has been known for quite a while.
In the power profiles, turn sleep, hibernation, and standby mode off. Leave the monitor standby ON.
Adjust the power settings to prevent the computer from shutting off devices (like the mouse and keyboard) to "save power." Turn off the power saver mode.
There is an issue where the computer turns off the mouse and keyboard to save power. However, after the mouse and keyboard have shut off, they will not awaken unless the computer is restarted. This has been a wide spread problem.

Since the mouse and keyboard will not function (saving power), the computer does not see your input from the mouse, and will not awaken.
However this does not happen on all brands of computers, only certain ones.

mindfriction

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011

Thanks for the info, however after the last restart I got the blue screen of death, and haven't been able to recover windows as windows repair says it can't repair the issue , more check disk doesn't indicate errors....