[SOLVED] Asus Z690-E Strix

Burigeller

Reputable
Sep 16, 2020
Hello everyone, i have done some research and could'nt really get to a conclusion. Asus announced the Strix series to come out with DDR4 Support. So far i can only see the Strix-A which is really just a Prime board imho. Does anyone know if they will release the other Strix boards supporting DDR4?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
I think it was on OC3D's video on YT where Tom mentioned that the TUF series boards are all previous gen Strix boards, which isn't a bad thing but the DDR4 support will be limited to a few boards. To corroborate that story, if you scroll to the bottom of this page, all boards listed with a D4 at the end are the one's that support DDR4 ram. The one's that don't have a D4 at the end are DDR5 only.

Lutfij

Titan
I think it was on OC3D's video on YT where Tom mentioned that the TUF series boards are all previous gen Strix boards, which isn't a bad thing but the DDR4 support will be limited to a few boards. To corroborate that story, if you scroll to the bottom of this page, all boards listed with a D4 at the end are the one's that support DDR4 ram. The one's that don't have a D4 at the end are DDR5 only.

Solution

Burigeller

Reputable
Sep 16, 2020
Hey thanks for your answer, yeah i understood that so far aswell but saw some info on a few websites "quite legit ones" that they would ship out the Strix boards marked as D4 aswell. I suppose those are not coming then? Would be too bad actually, the TUF boards look horrendous imho. Still thank you tho!

TRENDING THREADS