Question Asus Z790-E Gaming WIFI power cycling

Dec 5, 2022
I have a new 2 week old build with ASUS z790-e Yesterday it shutdown and would not post. Just power cycle over and over through 4 Q-Codes from 00 and back to 00. Tried all the usually power off let it sit nothing. The red CPU light would stay on but it just endlessly cycled through codes with the fans going up and down no post. Nothing to the screen.

This morning I went through each component one by one and when removing RAM and booting I got past the cycle and into yellow RAM error. So I reseated RAM and it booted right up.

My question is should I be fine now just reseating new / well seated and what was working RAM or might I have a motherboard or RAM issue that will pop up again???

System parts
64 Gig corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600
Asus Z790-E gaming EIFI
My old RTX 20280S
Corsair HX 1500i

I'd pull the CPU and make absolutely sure there is not even the slightest of bent pins on the motherboard. If there is not, clean, repaste and reinstall the CPU, then pull the RAM and make sure there is not even the slightest bit of anything in the DIMM slots.

Also, make sure you have them in the A2 and B2 slots. Make sure you have the DOCP profile enabled in the BIOS and if it does it again at any point try bumping the DRAM voltage up by .005v increments between attempts, saving settings in the BIOS and retesting to see if there are any problems before adding another .005v (Or whatever the smallest increment it will allow you to increase the DRAM voltage by clicking on the DRAM voltage field and pressing the + key will allow) for no more than a total of .5v. If it's not stable by then, then the problem isn't voltage and you can restore the DRAM voltage to the stock value.

More important than any of that though might be to make sure if there are ANY BIOS updates available, you read the notes on each of them and update to the latest one. No need to update to each one sequentially unless there are notes on a specific update that says to update to that one before a newer one. New platforms, generally very important especially when it comes to memory compatibility, to be sure you check frequently and update, when it comes to the BIOS.