Question POST issue - - --Q-Code 12 error on DRAM LED ?

Jun 27, 2024
Hello I've just built my new pc and installed the bios on the back of the motherboard but for some reason the pc won't post, it turns on fine but there is a Q-Code 12 DRAM error. I tried to CMOS reset it from the back as well as removing the battery, but no luck

Removed one stick of ram and no luck to post

Removed graphics card and removed all components including CPU and reseated them but no luck.

Tried to reflash the bios again but no luck.

Checked to see if the motherboard/RAM are compatible on the Asus website and cross-checked the serial numbers and they match.

Tried about everything so I'm not sure what's happening and was wondering for some advice

Pc specs

Motherboard: Rog Strix Z790-E WiFi II

RAM: Corsair ddr5 64gb (2x 32gb) cl30 dominator titanium (CMP648X5M2B6000C30)

CPU : intel i9 14900k

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 ti gaming x 8gb

PSU: Corsair rm1000e (2023) 1000w

Storage : 4tb Samsung 870 qvo

1tb Samsung 870 qvo

2tb solidigm p41 plus

CPU cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE LCD XT 65.57 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Case: Corsair 5000t

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Tried about everything so I'm not sure what's happening and was wondering for some advice
When you say everything, what have you tried? It's so we're not repeating steps you've tried before creating this thread.

Rams populating slots A2 and B2? For your AIO, try loosening the mount on said cooler to the point where the AIO's block is merely resting on the CPU's IHS. In order to do this, you will need to have your case to the side. As for your ram and all other components, make sure that they are fully seated.