ASUS Z87-A BIOS Optimized Defaults

fractalMT

Distinguished
May 14, 2015
I tried to search through threads to see if I could find anything and unless I missed, I did not see anyone already ask about this so I apologize if this is a repeat. I need to default my MB to default settings in BIOS if possible. Loading optimized Defaults overclocks my CPU to roughly 4.2 which is strange to me, but maybe normal to someone who knows. I did flash the recent BIOS update a couple weeks ago for the board (i'll put all my specs at the bottom that are relevant to the issue) to see if it would fix my BSOD issue. I haven't had it since then but I'm guessing the new BIOS update has new defaults? Am I going to have to go back through and set everything manually or is there a default option that I'm missing? I am going to overclock in the future but I want to set everything factory so I can start from the beginning to avoid serious issues that I may miss..Let me know if I can provide any more details and any help would be appreciated.

Asus Z87-A LGA 1150
Intel i5-4670k
G.skill 4 x 4gb DDR3 @ 1600MHZ
EVGA 750W G2
Corsair H90 140mm

fractalMT

Distinguished
May 14, 2015

Thanks so much for the fast response. I went ahead and reset it. I did go into BIOS upon boot and everything looked fine, even RAM set to 1600 which I'm happy. When I got into Windows I checked HWmonitor and my CPU is still pushing to 4.2mhz on load. I didn't think turbo from the MB could push it that far. Does that mean either the MB or something I'm not seeing is pushing it that far? I used to have AiSuite 3 but got rid of it because I didn't like how it operated but defaulted everything when I complete removed it: application, registry, etc.

Any thoughts or am I just worrying too much?