Question Asus Z87 Deluxe Soundcard or Sound Input Busted?

The Good

Honorable
Jun 24, 2016
Hey everyone,

I have a fairly old system on which I have been gaming for the past 10 years. The motherboard is a Asus Z87 Deluxe and recently on discord, my friends have been complaining that my microphone cuts a lot.

I have changed my headset from my old Corsair Void which was USB to a Sennheiser Game Zero which used the motherboard's 3.5 mm audio jack. Unfortunately, the issue persists. I have played around with Windows sound settings to ensure the microphone pickup threshold wasn't too high and I have done the same with Discord. I tried reinstalling audio drivers multiple times but without any solution. My microphone still cuts when talking for more than a few seconds (Anywhere more than 3 seconds it can start cutting).

At this point, I know that the common issue is the way my sound is inputed.

How does the 3.5mm microphone input work VS how the USB microphone input work? Does it go through the onboard soundcard to be processed? Could it indicate thst my onboard soundcard has something to do with this? Logically I wouldn't think so but I am very unfamiliar with how it work.

If someone could help me figure out what could be wrong with my sound input it would be appreciated because I am lost.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I have a fairly old system on which I have been gaming for the past 10 years. The motherboard is a Asus Z87 Deluxe and recently on discord, my friends have been complaining that my microphone cuts a lot.

I have changed my headset from my old Corsair Void which was USB to a Sennheiser Game Zero which used the motherboard's 3.5 mm audio jack. Unfortunately, the issue persists. I have played around with Windows sound settings to ensure the microphone pickup threshold wasn't too high and I have done the same with Discord. I tried reinstalling audio drivers multiple times but without any solution. My microphone still cuts when talking for more than a few seconds (Anywhere more than 3 seconds it can start cutting).

At this point, I know that the common issue is the way my sound is inputed.

How does the 3.5mm microphone input work VS how the USB microphone input work? Does it go through the onboard soundcard to be processed? Could it indicate thst my onboard soundcard has something to do with this? Logically I wouldn't think so but I am very unfamiliar with how it work.

If someone could help me figure out what could be wrong with my sound input it would be appreciated because I am lost.

Thanks
you could try to uninstall the audio driver using DDU, and then just use regular windows driver. set the mic properties to 2 channel 24bit 192000hz and see how it goes.