Asus Z87-Pro BIOS reset problem

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

saif uddin

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
After I built my PC, I turned it on and it seemed to power up just fine but nothing loaded on the monitor screen. I made sure that everything was connected properly several times but still no change. I tried leaving the PC running in case the BIOS was just taking its time to load (20+ mins) but still no change. I also tried a different monitor, both work on other systems, but still no change. I tried using only the hard drive in the build and then only the SSD but no change in either attempts. I tried clearing CMOS but still the BIOS does not appear. I'm not sure if my CPU is dead because I do not know how to test that and I do not know any one with a compatible motherboard for my CPU. Can anyone please help me fix this?

My PC build:

i7 4770k CPU
2 x 4gb Crucial Ballistix Tactical Memory RAM
Asus Z87-Pro Motherboard
MSI gtx 770 4gb Gaming Edition Graphics Card
Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 CPU Cooler
2TB Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive
128gb Corsair Force Series SSD
Corsair HX850 PSU
Silver Stone RV04 Case

saif uddin

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013

Just got it back and I've noticed there were actually 2 pins that were bent in the CPU socket. Luckily i'm getting a replacement free of charge so just hoping the new one is fine.