Question Asus z87 pro won't start up all the way

eclipsemf

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012
I have an Asus z87 pro mother board with a coarsair 750 psu, GTX 760,and a 3770k not over clocked currently. Recently I have been having issues getting it to start. The case fans and and stuff will run and I can hear the SSD boot up but it won't get any further. The little number clock inside the case always gets stuck at 23. I used to be able to mash on the power and reset button on the case and it would eventually start all the way but now that won't even work. I have put new switches in replaced the CMOS battery. I have had the PSU and ram tested or swapped out and the local computer store can't even figure out what is going on. Any help is greatly appreciated and I can give more info if needed

Thanks

eclipsemf

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012
I have also tested the graphics card and swapped spots and nothing changed the boot up sequence of numbers goes 10 14 15 21 then gets stuck at 23

eclipsemf

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012
I'm assuming when CMOS battery was replaced it cleared the CMOS, but it may be worth trying to clear again.

I would remove all but 1 ram stick and try to boot on Igpu with motherboard connected to monitor and 760 not plugged in.
;

Just tried that and I still got the same result and boot pattern just gets stuck on 23 and nothing shows on to the screen

eclipsemf

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012
Just found out that the dram light is on and stays red I tried mem ok! And swapping the ram all around so that's where it sits now

Just going to reply to myself again here as I get more info to help people out! It looks like 23 is either ram or CPU related and often happens when over clocking. I didn't OC this one so still not sure but the ram all tested out okay I I think my 3770k may have died on me

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS