Asus Z97-A Bios Update in Win10?

Apr 23, 2018
Hi folks,

I'm looking to update bios from 2401 to 2801 - mainly because when I try to install my intel 17-4790k gpu driver, it says 'incompatible' and I'm banking on the bios being the issue...

why do I even need a GPU update on the cpu? I'm not entirely sure I do considering I have a geforce 1070, but I do a lot of graphic work and I'm now, after a clean windows 10 x64 re-install, im encountering some 'font module not working' errors (generated by windows, but in tandem with suitcase fusion 8), The solution says update the GPU, the gpu says incompatible, the bios is outdated...hence, my post.

So, I have the latest .CAP v.2801 file. I have a ready USB drive. I can probably, nervously, proceed down that avenue - but I don't have, and can't find the 'renamer' utility that is supposed to prep the bios file?

I see there is the EZ Updater tool available for Win 8, but it looks like Asus stopped providing support and didn't make one for Win 10.

would it make any sense to use the Win8 EZ Bios Updater utility in win 10?

I've installed the win10 AI suite III but of course, no EZ Updater app included.

Any guidance, muchly appreciated.

Thanks!

Apr 23, 2018
I'm only trying to update the bios because the Intel CPU graphics driver wont install.

Specifically when I run 'Intel VGA win 10' setup file (downloaded for my i7-4970k cpu), I get 'this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software'

As mentioned, I'm only trying to run the VGA driver as a suggested solution to a font issue in Extensis Suitcase Fusion 8.

Otherwise, I have no other issues or need for a bios update.