Question ASUS Z97-A issues. No post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 20, 2019
I'm having issues with my motherboard and that I wont post. I have tried multiple things such as taking the whole thing apart and putting it back together and also putting piece by piece in and starting.

The issue is that no matter what I do the motherboard always starts the same way.

PCIE_1 LED lights up red > CPU LED lights up red > Computer restarts > PCIE_1 LED lights up red > TPU LED lights up red

Any ideas?

Lutfij

Titan
Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Were you on the latest BIOS prior to the issue cropping up? If so, see if removing the CMOS battery and then replacing it after 15mins changes your experience. How old is your PSU?

Jan 19, 2020
Because i've got a Z97-A that has had the exact same issues, it would take an hour or more to boot up with constant powering off and on and being presented with the VGA led or CPU led light, i replaced the thermal pads and the spring clips on the VRM's and it booted first time and everytime time since. It's been working now without any problems for 2 months so far. Before this it had been faulty for weeks.

USAFRet

Titan
Because i've got a Z97-A that has had the exact same issues, it would take an hour or more to boot up with constant powering off and on and being presented with the VGA led or CPU led light, i replaced the thermal pads and the spring clips on the VRM's and it booted first time and everytime time since. It's been working now without any problems for 2 months so far. Before this it had been faulty for weeks.
Failure to boot can be due to a dozen different reasons.
Your 'fix' may not address his 'problem'.

Jan 19, 2020
Failure to boot can be due to a dozen different reasons.
Your 'fix' may not address his 'problem'.

True, i did go through the process of diagnosing CPU, PSU and ram, removed all peripherals and still the same problem he's having persisted for me. There are loads of people having the same issues with this board and my solution worked for me, it may not work for them. It's not a usual fix and everyone else's motherboards may have different issues causing the fault. If everything has been ruled out and they consider scrapping the board, there's nothing to lose by trying it as a last resort.

x2bc4

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
Hello. I have the same board and same problem. I also suspect the origin of the problem was dust and dirt accumulation below the thermal pads causing a short to an exposed driver. Do you say yours boots up after half an hour? Mine is constantly bootlooping, but i haven't waited that long to see if it finally boots. I removed all the dust and dirt and left it shining as new and without heat sync (i don't have an i7 and i don't overclock) but situation is the same. I guess that specific driver died. Sorry, I know this are all assumptions.

USAFRet

Titan
Hello. I have the same board and same problem. I also suspect the origin of the problem was dust and dirt accumulation below the thermal pads causing a short to an exposed driver. Do you say yours boots up after half an hour? Mine is constantly bootlooping, but i haven't waited that long to see if it finally boots. I removed all the dust and dirt and left it shining as new and without heat sync (i don't have an i7 and i don't overclock) but situation is the same. I guess that specific driver died. Sorry, I know this are all assumptions.
Please start a new thread for your particular situation.
This one is old and dead.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.