[SOLVED] ASUS Z97-a mobo + SATA expansion card problem

whitelion1284

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2013
Hi there.
I have an ASUS Z97-A motherboard and recently tried to install a 4-slot sata expansion card.
With the card installed the PC will not boot to windows. I'm provided with a greeting from the card manufacturer in the same format as a DOS or command prompt; ie. black screen + basic text; without any ability to interact with the machine at all. In other words there is no command prompt.
I have to remove the card to reach windows again.
I'm looking for insight and knowledgeable advice. I'd really like to be able to plug more drives into my rig.
Cheers

Solution
Hi there.
I have an ASUS Z97-A motherboard and recently tried to install a 4-slot sata expansion card.
With the card installed the PC will not boot to windows. I'm provided with a greeting from the card manufacturer in the same format as a DOS or command prompt; ie. black screen + basic text; without any ability to interact with the machine at all. In other words there is no command prompt.
I'm looking for insight and knowledgeable advice. I'd really like to be able to plug more drives into my rig.
Cheers
Are you sure that you don' have on of those devices for which you have to install a driver first, than switch off your computer, and than install the card. Once you boot again...
Hi there.
Cheers
Are you sure that you don' have on of those devices for which you have to install a driver first, than switch off your computer, and than install the card. Once you boot again the device finds the driver.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS