Asus Z97-a Right headphone spark

linusdu

Reputable
Jul 2, 2015
Hi every time I turn on my computer my right ear on my headphone spark, it goes in and out for about the first 30min, then it works fine for a couple of hours with some small short sparks and canceling the sounds completly from the right ear. I have talked to asus customer support and they are clueless how to fix it or whats the problem. I'm currently using a nvidia 760 graf card, and im running it on windows 10 beta, I have also tested switching hard drives and using windows 7, but the same problem accures there. All drivers are fully up to date so dont even point that out. Anyone know what the problem might be? I had the same problem on my first Z97-A so I had to return it for a new, but the same problem has happen on the second one. So something else seems to be off. I have also tried 5 different pair of headphone same problem on all of them.

Solution
buy a pci soundcard and disable onboard sound in UEFI. That's a good motherboard, but not high-end. The onboard sound just might be crap-ola. Add in soundcards can be pretty cheap.

neverumindnow

Reputable
May 29, 2015
buy a pci soundcard and disable onboard sound in UEFI. That's a good motherboard, but not high-end. The onboard sound just might be crap-ola. Add in soundcards can be pretty cheap.

Solution